Thursday, February 28, 2008

Toddler days

I seem to spend a lot of my time and energy avoiding conflict with my youngest child, Saul. He is two, and the most dominant and headstrong of my boys, at least at this age. I think..... How easily we forget. I think he is coming down with something, something brewing under the surface and manifesting itself in his behaviour. Boy is it hard work, and quite often he wins the battle!
There are times when it all gets too much and I question my sanity. On Monday night I thought I was going to crack up, and on Tuesday I organised my fantastic baby sitter and I had a few hours to pamper myself, and I feel all the better for it. There are times when 4 little people's demands, usually at the same time, get too much. The interesting thing is that Michael and I talked at length over the weekend about the idea of baby number 5. On days like this, I'm happy to conclude there won't be number 5 in our house...... The washing, the walking, the feeding, the joy of it all, but not in our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Annah, I know what you mean by toddlers! I sent your nephew to bed tonight with no dinner. He was being a right anti-christ. Cheeky, rude and pushing my freaking buttons......so goodnight Irene it was! Now, I am feeling so guilty that I feel like waking him up and telling him that I am sorry. Help, your sis Lucy