Monday, September 15, 2008

Home work time....


Cal is doing a Family Tree project. Siblings, parents, grandparents and great grandparents. I adore this kind of project, and it was so lovely to talk to my dad and get dates of birth and deaths of my grand parents. It gave me such a sense of perspective. Another part of his project was to interview one of these on the Family Tree and he chose my Dad. He had to record a historical moment, and Dad talked of being a Guard on duty during the Papal visit and the wonderful peace and respect people had no that occasion. He was also a Presidential Guard from the time of De Velera up to Mary Robinson's time, and was on duty at the time of JFK's visit. Cal was very impressed. If he had chosen Mum, I wonder if her historical moment would have been meeting Mother Teresa in Calcutta. That occasioni was a historical moment in my life in 1994.

1 comment:

Ciara Brehony said...

I finally got to sit down and have a proper catch up with your blog Annah. Such wonderful, gorgeous pictures!
The Medieval birthday party looks like it was a wonderful weekend. Great images!