Monday, May 18, 2009

So sad..

This past week, our school community was so saddened by the sudden death of a girl in 6th class. She is one of a group of about 6 girls that seem to be connected to each other through suicide. I felt so numb at the funeral yesterday, and thinking back to being 12 and playing with dolls and drawing. That is what I did.

After the burial, I went to The Orchard Garden centre to have a coffee and gather my thoughts together. As I walked home, I passed the empty Graveyard and watched the men working at her grave, just filling it in with soil. That dark weight on top of the coffin just pressed heavy on my heart, and it seemed so empty and such a lonely place that no words could begin to fill.

Thinking of the reality for her friends and family. After the funeral, the real pain and reality sets it. Every time her best friend wears the shoes they bought together in Dundrum last week, what will go through her mind? Every time the kids play football, what will they think? Her chair at her table at school? Her clothes? I can't even begin to imagine their pain.

1 comment:

Tia said...

I know that pain...twice over...and theres just no words, every second is painfull...just thank God you have your fab boys n enjoy every day wth them ,thats the only thing you can do...live life...it has to go on, HUGS, love ya, Tia xx